Happy MAY! Let UV Awareness Month Continue!!
May is Healthy Vision and UV Awareness Month!
Approximately 37 million adults in America have age-related macular degeneration, cataract, diabetic retinopathy, or glaucoma, all of which can cause visual impairment or blindness. However, recent studies show that making healthy choices and getting regular eye exams can help reduce a person’s risk of vision loss.
As in all health conditions - early detection, and prevention are they keys to many systemic and eye health conditions!
Some simple tips from our team of doctors:
1. Get your annual eye health exams! Our team of doctors lead the industry in knowledge and we truly care for our patients! I hope that you feel this when you visit with us! Our mission is to educate you on what is the absolute BEST for your eye health now and for the rest of your life!
2. Wear quality sunglasses, rimmed hats when outside! UV rays can damage our eyes, increase our risk of cataracts, cancers around the eyes and macular degeneration! If you have a family history of any of these conditions, you have an increase risk of getting it - so make sure you discuss ALL the ways to prevent these diseases with our team of doctors!
3. Wear glasses, eat healthy and adopt healthy digital device habbits to protect your eyes from blue light - this will decrease eye fatigue and protect your retina cells from oxidative stresses!
4. Eat a healthy diet and exercise regularly- AMAZING how our eyes are impacted by our systemic health... But remember we are one connected amazing unit! Our eyes, body and mind are all connected and can impact one another.
5. Take care of your overall health! Diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, arthritis and other conditions can impact the health of our eyes as well!
Thank you for reading! And thank you for entrusting us with your eyecare and your Vision for Life!
Dr. Thomas Murphy and Our Entire Eyecare Team
P.S. Did you know that our own Dr. Heidi Pham-Murphy represents and advocates in the field of Optometry? See her picture on the banner above! Dr. Pham-Murphy also is a speaker on blue light, personalizing lens designs for patient's lifestyles, dry eye disease and much more..
Dr. Thomas Murphy is entering his 41st year of practicing Optometry? If you run into him in the office, you will find a person with AMAZING enthusiasm and passion for caring for his patients!It is truly our passion to care for your Vision for Life! Thank you for entrusting us with the care of your eyes and the eyes of those you love!